In Others' WordsIn Others' Words

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Dental Woes

I'm off to see my dentist today for yet another dental adventure.
What does this have to do with late-in-life motherhood?
Nothing, really.
This is just my life.
I am a dental disaster waiting to happen.
Sometimes I think I should schedule a standing weekly appointment with my dentist. But, I don't want to hear him say, "Uh-oh!" four times a month.
Woe is me.
This newest adventure involves a simple crown replacement gone wrong. Of course, it all started when I cracked a porcelain crown. My dentist never had a patient crack a porcelain crown before. But, if someone was going to do it, it would be me.
And one thing led to another and another and another ... and now my dentist and I are seeing each other much too frequently.
Don't get me wrong. I like my dentist. Love my dentist. If I didn't trust my him, I would let my wretched teeth rot out of my head.
Looking back, my wedding vows should have been phrased to include something like: "love, honor, cherish, and pay my dental bills ... " If I took the time to tally up all the costs, we probably could have paid cash for at least one of our kid's college tuition.
Ah, well.
I'll see you on the other side of the laughing gas.

2 Comments:

At 1:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love going to the dentist ... all attention is on me! (Well, my mouth, I guess, but still....)

Pretty sad, isn't it?

Hang in there!

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger Beth K. Vogt said...

Well ... Michele ... that's a new one on me ... loving going to the dentist.
I love my dentist, I thank God for my dentist... But I hate to go to the dentist!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

e-newsletter signup
Home
About
Speaking
Calendar
Free Resources
Media
Books and CDs
Blog
For Writers
For Moms Over 35
Contact