In Others' WordsIn Others' Words

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Sometimes You Just Miss Them

So, I'm driving around town yesterday. Running a few errands. Nothing all that important.
And I am overwhelmed with missing my son Josh.
Just one of those moments when I wish he didn't live on the east coast. When I wish he wasn't grown up and oh-so independent, living his dream.
Okay--nobody post any "Are you crazy?!" comments on this blog.
It was one of those irrational mom moments.
I just missed my son.
I am thrilled, thrilled, thrilled that Josh is all grown up and living his life--although I do wish he was just a teensy bit closer.
So I grabbed my cell phone (I have a Bluetooth so it was okay for me to drive and talk on my phone) and I called Josh. Of course, since it was the middle of the day, I got his voice mail. Then I left a brief message because his phone cut me off mid-sentence.
When he called me back last night, I confessed that I called just because I missed him. Being the good son that he is, i.e. he doesn't understand why I do all the things I do, but he pretends that he does, he said, "Aaaw, Mom, I miss you too."
See? That's why I miss the boy.

2 Comments:

At 7:50 PM, Blogger Tea with Tiffany said...

Awwh, I miss him for you.

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger JRVogt said...

I can petition to see if they'll move NYC to Colorado at some point, but it might take a while.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

e-newsletter signup
Home
About
Speaking
Calendar
Free Resources
Media
Books and CDs
Blog
For Writers
For Moms Over 35
Contact