In Others' WordsIn Others' Words

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

My husband and I have been each other's Valentines for 29 years now.
Wow.
That's a long time.
But look at the photo of our family and see what those 29 years created.
I like to say there's a whole lot more to "Happily Ever After" than fairy tales ever let on.
Even when you love somebody, not every day is happy.
And some days are just hard, hard, hard.
But my husband and I still have one another.
We have four wonderful children and a daughter-in-love who fit right into our family like the answer to pray she is.
Our family has known its sorrows and we've celebrated many joys too.
On this Valentine's Day, I hope you spend some time with those you love--holding them close in your arms or in your heart.

2 Comments:

At 12:06 PM, Blogger Tea with Tiffany said...

Love this post. Your heart for family beats right through your typed words. I feel the pulse.

Love you!

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger Keri Wyatt Kent said...

Hi Beth,
I've been meaning to visit your blog and Trish's tour finally got me here. :)
Great post. Since Valentine's day is also my birthday, I always have a good day on Feb. 14! One tradition in our little family is that on birthdays, at dinner we go around the table and tell a few things we appreciate about the birthday person. So I got words of praise and affirmation from my family that were lovely. To me, that's the best gift of all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

e-newsletter signup
Home
About
Speaking
Calendar
Free Resources
Media
Books and CDs
Blog
For Writers
For Moms Over 35
Contact