In Others' WordsIn Others' Words

Thursday, February 07, 2008

When the Words Won't Come

"I didn't think it could get any worse ... and it did."
That's what my friend David said after hearing that his son's initial diagnosis--and prognosis--has changed.
And not for the better.
In the face of their son's cancer, David and Renee were just finding their balance in the midst of chemo and CAT scans and bloodwork. And now the rug has been pulled out from under them.
I found myself grasping for words--something, anything I could say to them.
Very few words.
Many, many tears.
Prayers that felt like heart-moans.
I left the hospital last night, realizing I needed to be thankful that for now all is well in my family. Just a few days ago, all was well with David and Renee's.
Circumstances have changed.
Their faith in God has not.
"I am 100 % positive that God will do what is best for Ian," David said.
And I was amazed at his confident courage in the face of his heartbreak.


I know this blog is dedicated to late-in-life moms. Renee is a mommy-come-lately too--but that is not the point of this post. This is one mom talking out loud about another mom's heartache. I know any other mom out there who reads this post will understand--and pray. Pray for Ian. Pray for David and Renee--and for all their family.
It is all--and everything--we can do.

1 Comments:

At 7:36 PM, Blogger Patricia said...

Of course I will continue to pray. For you, too, Beth. I am sure that your love for and friendship to David and Renee speak louder than words.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

e-newsletter signup
Home
About
Speaking
Calendar
Free Resources
Media
Books and CDs
Blog
For Writers
For Moms Over 35
Contact