In Others' WordsIn Others' Words

Monday, September 04, 2006

Tell the Kids I Love Them

A few years ago, there was a billboard campaign that displayed sayings from God. Well, at least the sayings were somebody's idea about what God might want to say to us.

My favorite one said Tell the kids I love them.

I think that is one of our priviliges at parents: We get to tell our kids that God loves them. And, we get to tell our kids we love them too.

Through the years, I developed a habit of slipping in to my kids' bedrooms at night and giving them one last kiss goodnight. Most of the time they were sleeping, so they didn't know.

But I did.

There is one less child to kiss goodnight in the house these days. But with all the belongings she packed up and moved to her new apartment, I hope she took memories of millions of "I love you's." I hope tucked inside her heart are those nighttime kisses.

And I hope I said "I love you" enough times so that she'll never, ever forget it.

1 Comments:

At 9:28 PM, Blogger Tea with Tiffany said...

Beth, thanks for writing from the heart and reminding me to say my "I love you's" to my children and those I love.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

e-newsletter signup
Home
About
Speaking
Calendar
Free Resources
Media
Books and CDs
Blog
For Writers
For Moms Over 35
Contact