In Others' WordsIn Others' Words

Monday, March 28, 2011

In Others' Words: Perspective


Photo by gobran111/stockxchng.com



"If you think you're too small to have an impact, try going to bed with a mosquito in the room." ~Anita Roddick, human rights activist


Who, me? Make a difference? I don't think so.
But then I think of the time my husband and I vacationed on the coast of Turkey. A nice hotel on the Mediterranean. A lovely time away from our kiddos--until we turned out the lights and found out we weren't the only ones in our room. My husband spent most of the night doing "The Dance of the Mosquitos." You know it: Jump. Slap. Jump. Slap. Not a whole lot of sleeping--or anything else--going on that night.
Those pesky mosquitoes were a whole lot smaller than me and my husband. But guess who ruled the night?
What about you? Afraid you're not influential? Think again, my friend. Think again.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 9:19 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you for your fun and encouraging words!

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger Beth K. Vogt said...

Glad you were encouraged!
Thanks for dropping by!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

e-newsletter signup
Home
About
Speaking
Calendar
Free Resources
Media
Books and CDs
Blog
For Writers
For Moms Over 35
Contact