In Others' WordsIn Others' Words

Monday, April 04, 2011

In Others' Words: Accomplishments





"No matter what accomplishments you make, somebody helped you."
 ~Althea Gibson, the first black tennis player to win Wimbledon (1957) & the U.S. Open (1958)


My dad taught me to ride a bike--and to drive a car.
My mom taught me to be kind to strangers.
My 8th grade English teacher read my first attempts at writing, encouraging me to keep at it. She saw beyond my less than stellar efforts to my heart's desire.
As an oh-so-nervous first-time mom, I watched my friend Robyn and became a better mother. 
My children taught me how to forgive.
My friend "Wise Guy" taught me to see God--and me--in a whole new way.


What have others helped you accomplish?












Photo by hortongrou/stock.xchng.com

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 4:56 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I am surrounded by the most amazing people...and though my accomplishments aren't major or many, I'd say my parents are the four people that have helped me the most...mainly through encouraging and simply being the kind of people I want to be...

And, of course, the Ponderers!! Their friendship and constant affirmation helped spur on my first book...

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger Beth K. Vogt said...

" ... and simply being the kind of people I want to be ..."
That's a tremendous compliment to your family, Melissa!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

e-newsletter signup
Home
About
Speaking
Calendar
Free Resources
Media
Books and CDs
Blog
For Writers
For Moms Over 35
Contact