In Others' WordsIn Others' Words

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

In Others' Words: Life





"There is just one life for each of us: our own."~ Euripides, ancient writer 



Confession: I've wasted too much time watching other people live their lives. Or wishing I could live someone else's life. Reality? At this point in my life, I'm not dancing on Broadway--although I do dance in the kitchen with my husband. And I'm not marrying a prince--but really, who wants the pressure of all the paparazzi? I won't be singing on American Idol and I'd be voted off the island on Survivor.
I have my life to live--and I like it, thank you very much. Most days. I'm not too thrilled today, but that's because my dishwasher continues to act up. Euripides' words remind me that I can focus on someone else's life--or I can take care of my own. 








Photo by jonesy/stockxchnge.com 

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 7:21 AM, Blogger JoAnn Durgin said...

Very well said, my friend.I love the image of you dancing with your sweetie in the kitchen. Ah...now that's romance! Blessings for a great day in the Lord.

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger Beth K. Vogt said...

And may you have a blessed and fun day too, JoAnn, being you!!

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hope your dishwasher starts behaving, Beth. :) Love the quote. And I had no idea you had dreams of dancing on Broadway!

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Beth K. Vogt said...

Melissa, looks like there's a new dishwasher in my future.
And you should see me whenever I've gone to see a Broadway musical. I have to control the urge to go dancing and singing down the streets afterward. Now that would be crowd-stopper for sure! LOL!

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wise words indeed! I don't want to regret not living the life God blessed me with!

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger Beth K. Vogt said...

Faith, I'm with you on that! I hate to think what I would have missed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

e-newsletter signup
Home
About
Speaking
Calendar
Free Resources
Media
Books and CDs
Blog
For Writers
For Moms Over 35
Contact