In Others' WordsIn Others' Words

Friday, April 22, 2011

In My Words: The End



The end of the story.
I've been trying to land the first chapter of my work in progress (WIP) for several weeks now. Yes, weeks. And I know with the help of my trustworthy and oh-so-wise mentors and my longsuffering critique partners, I will write a first chapter that sings.
I already know how the story ends. This doesn't mean that writing the end of the story will be easy. Knowing how the story ends and writing it well are two completely different things.



Today is Good Friday. This day, more than any other day of the year, reminds me that sometimes what we think is the end of the story, isn't. Sometimes we think, "The end." And then God steps in and says, "Not yet. Wait a day. Or three. You're going to be surprised."



Pastel by my daughter, Christa Vogt

Labels: , , , ,

11 Comments:

At 10:55 AM, Blogger Cecilia Marie Pulliam said...

Boy, you took the words right out of my mouth, both with your challenge with your first chapter and with the meditation on Good Friday.

May your Muse be kind to you and I am adding you and your family to my prayers for a blessed Easter.

 
At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait a day. Or three.

I love it! Thanks for sharing today.

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger Beth K. Vogt said...

Ceclia,
Thank you for your prayers. You brought a smile to my face today!

And ""VVD," my Internet friend--
May you have a wonderful Easter weekend!

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Reba J. Hoffman said...

Amazing thought Beth. Really makes you think doesn't it?

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Jeanne Takenaka said...

Wonderful thoughts, Beth. My mind needs to be dwelling more there today. :) Have a blessed Easter!

 
At 5:44 PM, Anonymous Sonia said...

Love the thoughts and artwork. Nicely done Christa! It's funny because I finished "the end" of Rachel's "Sweet Caroline" today. "The End" will always bring new beginnings.

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger Beth K. Vogt said...

Reba,
If the resurrection doesn't make you stop and think . . .what will?

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Beth K. Vogt said...

Jeanne,
The day has been interrupted by all the "dailies," but I continue to remind myself for the reason today is called "Good Friday."
Blessed Easter to you too.

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger Beth K. Vogt said...

Sonia,
I like the way you think.
Of course, you know that, don't you?
:O)

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger Evangeline Denmark said...

You know I've had a crazy week, and my weekend is just as full. I'm so glad I took a moment to read this. I needed it! And I'm looking forward to reading your new first chapter! =)

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger Beth K. Vogt said...

I'm thankful this encouraged you, especially realizing all the times you've encouraged me, E.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

e-newsletter signup
Home
About
Speaking
Calendar
Free Resources
Media
Books and CDs
Blog
For Writers
For Moms Over 35
Contact