In Others' WordsIn Others' Words

Monday, April 18, 2011

In Others' Words: True You





"Whatever is bringing you down, get rid of it. Because you'll find that when you're free ... your true self comes out." 
~Tina Turner, singer



Do you feel like that little girl sitting on the front step? Like maybe your friends all went off to play and left you sitting by yourself?

Some days are like that. Sheesh! Some weeks are like that.

The question is: What can you do about it?

Maybe that's the whole point. You need to be proactive and do something about whatever's dragging you down. Realize that so-called friend isn't a true friend. Realize that unfulfilled dream is really someone else's dream for you--not your dream. And it certainly isn't who God made you to be. Tell all those "what if I fail" thoughts goodbye and sign up for that writing class just because you've wanted to forever.

What's dragging you down? And what would the "true you" look like if you got rid of the dead weight?





Photo by hortongrou/stock.xchng.com

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 2:32 PM, Blogger Jeanne Takenaka said...

Hmm, that's thought provoking. :) I have had many days when I've felt like that little girl. I am going to ponder what "dead weight" I am holding onto. Thanks for the encouragement!

 
At 3:08 PM, Anonymous Gloria said...

hmmm...raw wisdom...truth. Thanks, Beth (and Tina).

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger Beth K. Vogt said...

Funny thing is, I posted this quote. Then I've felt cranky all day. Wonder what I'm carrying around today that is getting me down?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

e-newsletter signup
Home
About
Speaking
Calendar
Free Resources
Media
Books and CDs
Blog
For Writers
For Moms Over 35
Contact