In Others' WordsIn Others' Words

Friday, April 29, 2011

In My Words: Inspiration








                 Try not to become a man of success but a man of value. ~Albert Einstein


Who do you value in your life? Who inspires you to be a better person? Maybe this person isn't the most successful person you know as the world would term success--money, fame, lots of stuff. 
I am blessed to have four children and I have to say they all inspire me. I can't believe that I get to introduce these talented, kind people as my kids. I could go on and on about all of them, but since I try to keep these post brief, I won't.
Today I will turn the spotlight on my daughter Amy.
She inspires me. 
Why?
Because Amy is one of the most courageous people I know. When I was her age, fear was a constant companion of mine. Amy turns 23 in a few weeks. She's traveled to Guatemala (and lots of other places) and lived in Nicaragua for nine months. She looks past labels and sees people for who they are. I've said this to her more than once: I wish I had been more like my daughter when I was 22.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 2:08 AM, Blogger Keli Gwyn said...

Amy is a lovely young woman. I wish I'd had her courage when I was her age, but I, too, was fearful. I love learning from the next generation. They have so much to teach us.

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger Beth K. Vogt said...

It's amazing, Keli, how much my children have taught me. I've always said my children have taught me more about forgiveness than anyone else.

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Jeanne Takenaka said...

Ahh, Beth, your post brought tears to my eyes. Amy is an amazing young woman. I, too, lived with fear as a constant companion at her age. She has great parents who instilled priceless virtues in her. She is her own woman and beautiful inside and out. :)

God has placed various people in my life who inspire me. My husband, my kids, and friends like you. :)

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Beth K. Vogt said...

It's a tremendous fun to realize, "I like my kids." It's even more joy to realize, "I admire my kids."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

e-newsletter signup
Home
About
Speaking
Calendar
Free Resources
Media
Books and CDs
Blog
For Writers
For Moms Over 35
Contact