In Others' WordsIn Others' Words

Wednesday, May 04, 2011

In Others' Words: Accomplishments




"Sweat is the cologne of accomplishment." ~Heywood Hale Broun, American sportswriter and actor


That's me with my husband Rob. I'm tired and sweaty--but I'm smiling because, you see, I've just completed a run. Me, of all people! The woman who hates to run, had taken up running and found that--surprise!--I kinda liked it.

And so I insisted someone take a photo of me and Rob in all our sweaty, exhausted glory because I'd accomplished something. 

I'm sad to report that, because of a minor car accident that did some damage to my neck, I'm no longer running. Yeah, that's not fun. But I understand Broun's quote all the better because of that year I decided to run--and found, much to my surprise, I could. 

What about you? When you relish the sweet smell of success, what are you thinking about?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

e-newsletter signup
Home
About
Speaking
Calendar
Free Resources
Media
Books and CDs
Blog
For Writers
For Moms Over 35
Contact